Want to take your child shopping, but you dread the crowded places, long queues and meltdowns. Well, try online shopping, it maintains your sanity and you can have your children make choices as well.
My daughter is only 3.5 years and is absolutely sure about what she wants. For her age she is quite headstrong and has her choices. Being a little fashionista, she likes to choose from everything right from her frocks to clips to socks and shoes. While she loves dressing up the flip side is that she gets irritated of trying the various clothes in the trial rooms of the malls and shops.
Lately, we decided that she should have her own room as we have still been co-sleeping. She was very excited about the fact that she is going to get a room for herself and keeps talking about all the things that she would like to add in her room. Since the time we came up with this idea I have been getting jitters to take her shopping. Though she shows keen interest in selecting things for herself she loses her patience with the same pace.
When I was pondering over a perfect plan for our shopping, a friend suggested me to shop online for my daughter. It was then that I looked at various online portals, but I chose Flipkart, as it offered various styles and designs for every age group. Also, Flipkart offered irresistible discounts and has a very good refund and exchange policy. This online shopping has really proved to be a blessing in disguise for me as it is both easy for both my daughter and me.
While browsing through Flipkart I came across a lot of ideas for re-decorating my daughter’s room at an affordable price. Here are a few I would like to share with you:
1. Creating art galleries: Gallery style wall decors are a trend and you could fill your child’s room with a monochrome or colourful wall with photos of your child. You can choose from various photo frames to put your child’s picture. Also, you can put up some posters and wall decorations. The plain walls can be brightened up by wall decorations.
2. Play with patterns: Create bright play space for your little one by experimenting with patterns. Design a combination of colourful cushions and pillows with soft rugs. You can also throw in some cushions with cartoon characters.
3. Buy furniture that grows with your child: Try to pick up furniture like bed and closets which can be used by your child for some years. The storage drawers come in many styles and designs and can be easily assembled at home. These should be assembled at the child’s height so they can easily use the storage spaces.
4. Install a chalkboard: Since my daughter is just 3.5 years, I decided to add a chalkboard stripe in her room. This enables her to bring out her creativity.
5. Wall clocks in funky designs: Flipkart offers a wide variety of wall clocks with cartoon characters which not only give a style statement to your child’s room but also help the child to learn the value of time. Also, they learn how to tell time.
These were a few ideas I pondered over and finally I landed up with a mix and match of something from each. You can also opt from a various themes to re-decorate your child’s room. An aeroplane bed, a pirate setup, or a tree-house bed in a jungle based theme is apt for a boy. While for a girl you can choose from out of the storybook theme to a vibrant colourful room to a pink room with pink tones.
I also stumbled upon this video, it’s so funny that I have been sharing with everyone I know! It’s a stand up comedy show by for little kids, “All India Bacha Party”. You must watch it with your little one, I am sure they will turn around to say, “Mom, it’s my story!!” https://www.youtube.com/user/
This article was originally written for mycity4kids