“It always seems impossible until it is done!” – Nelson Mandela
These days everyone is at home because of some lockdown. So the only things I see happening are food and exercise. These exercises are in very vague form. Mommy takes a long stick and does something on the floor every day. She says that it is the best form of exercise. Papa does the outside work and picks up another stick to help mommy. While Nani looks after the food and of course Miss A and Me 🙂
‘But jokes apart I am the only one who exercises maximum’. I exercise during my massage, bathing, playtime, while wearing clothes and trust me even while feeding. Let me tell you how:
When everyone is busy exercising I spend a lot of time with Miss A. Here we both are exercising in our own ways. She talks to me, plays with me and gets me things that fascinate me and maybe I need them someday. These new things (her toys) excite me and, I in spite of laying down start with my exercises. As I am already excited I kick my legs and hands to play with dolls, rattles and her other interesting things. When I am squirming during a diaper change, I try to exercise my tiny muscles.
When Nani takes an afternoon break she always says, “Let’s do some exercise!” This is the best part of the day. As first I get a real solid massage with lots of singsong exercises and to end it up I get to be a birdie/ butterfly or a rocket! I babble a lot and laugh out loud. During this time all the attention is on me and each day I look out for this afternoon session.
My favourite exercises are:
- Being a rocket: This is when I am lifted high up in the air by Nani. While I am swaying in the air I also shuffle my hands and talk and laugh.
- Rolling over: Mommy tells everyone that I rolled over for the first time when I was just 15 days old! So right from the very beginning, whenever she leaves me alone even for a minute or two, I’m surrounded by big fat pillows. Now I love to roll over and grasp things which are close to me.
- Bicycling: This is when I throw around my hands and arms
- Weightlifting: Wondering isn’t it too early for me to do weightlifting! Well, let me explain! Whenever I am given a rattle I lift it up. Some are light and some are heavy. This is the best way for me to handle weights 🙂
- My personal play gym which has a green leaf, a pink and white flower and a cute little bumblebee that’s forever on the move!
However, there is one exercise I hate and that’s ‘tummy time’. I have been told that this exercise will make the muscles of my head and neck strong, but I just give up. These days though I get a lot of encouragement from Miss A. In fact she does it with me.
All said and done these exercises are helpful for me. And trust me after a day’s hard work that has been full of physical activities … I sleep well, fuss less and look forward to learning and playing something new each day.
Time for me to sleep now, otherwise mommy will again start talking to herself 😉