You realize too late that the Christmas weekend is round the corner? Still no plans for the long holiday weekend or run out of ideas to entertain your kids? Well, you can still save the day and the weekend by watching some great movies with Christmas theme…
For the Christmas weekend, if you have run out of ideas and want to spend time with family, then just sit back and enjoy these fabulous Christmas movies with your family.
- A Christmas Carol: It is an animated movie based on the adaptation of the story written by Charles Dickens. This is a story of about a miserable, frugal and a miser man named, Ebeneezer Scrooge. With the help of three ghosts of Christmas he embarks on a self-discovery journey.
- The Polar Express: A little boy is doubtful regarding Christmas, and when he boards The Polar Express little did he know that his faith would be restored in life once again. Tom Hanks has lent his voice to the conductor of the magical train whose final destination is the North Pole.
- Home Alone: This one is my all time favourite and I can watch it over and over again. When an 8 year old boy named Kevin is left all by himself at home, then the movie’s Christmas scenes, characters and an attention grabbing story steal your heart.
- Santa Buddies: This one’s a treat for the dog lovers as Puppy Paws along with five buddy puppies try to restore the spirit of Christmas by making a journey to North Pole and saving Christmas.
- Fred Claus: This story is about Santa’s brother Fred Claus who shows that it is not easy to live under the shadow of Santa Claus as he is time and again compared to his brother. On the other hand Santa has an audit at his workshop and things don’t seem to o too well. At this point both the brothers unite.
- Miracle on 34th Street: Kris Kringle is employed to be Santa at the Macy’s. The story is about the Kris’s belief of being a real Santa. Watch out how faith and a true Christmas notion is brought about by the movie.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas: A revenge seeking Grinch tries to sabotage Christmas for the residents of Whoville. A must watch with witty one liners by Jim Carry which leave you asking for more.
- Jingle All The Way: Howard Langston promises his son a Turbo Man action figure as a Christmas gift. However, the toy is very much in demand and he must compete with others to get it for his son before the stocks are over.
- The Nightmare before Christmas: This is a musical film and depicts the story of a character named Jack Skellinton who is from Halloween Town. He happens to open a doorway to the Christmas Town and is intrigued with the celebrations going on in the town, which he cannot understand very well.
- The Santa Claus: This classic Christmas has lot of reindeer, elves, letters to Santa and gifts along with Santa Claus. And not to miss there is a villain also, who adds excitement to the movie’s plot. This movie attracts children of all ages.
And the list is actually never ending as there are many movies with the theme of Christmas. So get that popcorn tub ready and snuggle up in front of the television with your kids.