“While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about” –
Children’s Day is a day where the children of India are honored. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru always considered the children to be the future of the country and his fondness for them marked his birthday as a celebration for them.
Every year children’s day is celebrated in school, but how about you celebrating it with your child this time. One way is to take them out and indulge in fun activities.The other way out and I guess the simpler one is to opt for children friendly movies at home. So grab a tub of popcorn and get ready to spend some amazing time with your children.
Here are my all time 5 favorite animated movies which you can see with your child:
- Ice Age: This movie series is about the mammals (extinct now), trying to survive the Paleolithic ice age. The story revolves around the three main characters, Manny the mammoth, Sid the funny sloth and Diego the saber-toothed tiger. Since 2002, five films have been released by this franchise. Ice Age lays an importance on family and friends.
- Madagascar: This franchise boasts of 5 films to its kitty, each being a bigger hit than the previous one. The main characters are Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe and Gloria the Hippo. These animals are orphans and have been raised in a zoo. The main crux of the movie deals with the essence of friendship, that how when one friend is in troubles the others stick with him.The Penguins in the movie just add to the fun element.
- Finding Nemo: This movie focuses on the father-son relationship. When Nemo does not listen to his father, Marlin and gets lost in the wide blue ocean, his father sets off to find him. The fact that parents will always be there for their little ones is the base of this movie. The sequel to the movie is Finding Dory. This is about an amnesiac character, Dory who wishes to be reunited with her family. In this Nemo and Marlin help her. So “Just keep swimming” guys and you will get through all your troubles.
- Frozen: This one particularly is on my list because it is my daughter’s favourite. This movie has been inspired by the fairy tale “Snow Queen” by Hans Christian Andersen. The story focuses on the beautiful relation between the siblings. When Elsa’s icy powers trap the kingdom in eternal winter, then Anna, sets off on a journey to search for her sister with Kristoff and his friendly reindeer.
- Kung Fu Panda: This is a combination of action and comedy. When Po, the panda dreams of becoming a kung fu warrior, his abilities to become one, are questioned. He has to prove that he is as efficient as the Five Kung Fu warriors – Viper, Monkey, Tigress, Manta, and Crane. But destiny makes him the Dragon Warrior, the one who receives the Dragon scroll and is capable of defeating Tai Lung. The movie teaches children that they should not doubt their abilities and if strong-willed they can achieve what they wish for. The franchise has 3 movies in its kitty.