“Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.” – Anne Geddes
It is often said that Father is a son’s first hero and a daughter’s first love. This quote is so very true. Men don’t really become fathers till the time they hold their little ones in their hands. Fathers are the most selfless people, working round the clock for their family and are always there no matter what happens encouraging their children to do well.
Here are a few of my favourite father’s day cards which are simple and easy for a child to make. The minute your child gives these cards to their Dad’s, a huge smile will appear on their faces and the memories can be treasured for a lifetime.
Cards from DAUGHTERS to their father’s:
1) From Daddy’s little princess: Undoubtedly daughters are their father’s princess. This card shows the special bond between a father and a daughter.
“Old as she was, she still missed her Daddy sometimes.” – Gloria Naylor
2) First love – my dad: This card is classy and defines that even though daughters find their prince their fathers will always be kings for them.
“To her, the name of father was another name for love.” – Fanny Fern
3) I snuggled into your heart: Since the time we met, it just took us seconds to snuggle into each other’s heart. This cute hand printed card shows the love of a daughter for her father.
“Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing dad.”- Anonymous
4) For the best Dad ever: No matter what happens you will always be the best dad ever and I love you to the moon and back. This card truly states that father and daughter are friends for life.
“My Daddy was my hero. He was always there for me when I needed him. He listened to me and taught me so many things. But most of all he was fun.” – Bindi Irwin
Cards from SONS to their father’s:
1) Finding Nemo together: No what matter what happens Dad, we are in this together, just like Dad is always there for little Nemo. The card symbolises the love, affection and protection a dad has for his children.
“It is not flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.” – Johann Friedrich
2) For an all rounder Dad: This cute little card is for the dad who fulfils the roles of a plumber, electrician and does all the odd jobs of the house with ease and elan.
“Dad taught me everything I taught. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows.” – Al Unser
3) Look up to you Dad: The simplicity of the card signifies that no matter what a son (or a child) will always look up to his father. This card is perfect for any age group as it clearly shows the message.
“A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.” – Unknown
4) For the perfect Dad: The card shows that words just fall short to define DAD. There are thousands of words which are suitable to define the perfect dad … but you may have just one word which defines your dad the best. 🙂
“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
If you are yet to make a card for your father, then choose one from these and make some memorable memories with your father, who are definitely heroes but without capes. Go ahead and make their day 🙂
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!!