Just like the ABC of driving we have the ABC of homeopathy. Homeopathy is believed to cure many ailments associated with children as well as adults. Read on about the basic important homeopathic medicines.
Many years ago, when my dad taught me A for Accelerator, B for Brake and C for Clutch, little did I realize, how I would really cherish the freedom of independent travel with the ABC of driving!
And when I became a mother, he taught me the ABC of homeopathy, indebting me to him for life! For the homeopathic medicine gave me the freedom to live life with good health and made me free from the side effects of allopathic medicines!
My father, an organic chemist by profession, followed homeopathy passionately as a hobby. He studied it and started practicing it to help our family and friends. The homeopathic medicine given by him helped cure the illnesses of many of our family members and friends and earned my dad a lot of good will.
Now for starters, homeopathy is a system of medicine that uses natural remedies made from animal, vegetable substances, prepared in such a way that they are non toxic and do not have side effects. It uses the age old principle that recognizes the body’s ability to heal itself.
Now what is ABC of homeopathy? It is Aconite, Belladonna and Chamomilla. These are the three basic important medicines or controls that helped me greatly to deal with several health issues related to me and my kids.
Here is a little about the ABC wonders and how they helped me:
- Aconite is very useful remedy for sudden illness like a cold, cough, sore throat, slight fever, loose motions and illness due to exposure to dry wind, onset of winter cough. A few pills of aconite given orally or drops of aconite in water work wonders.
- Belladonna is another very useful medicine that I gave my kids when they had redness of face due to high fever, chills, headache and earache. Whenever the intensity of symptom seemed high, belladonna worked very effectively.
- Chamomilla is a good medicine for irritable kids, colic pain and ear ache. Also, helps in teething issues.
Very often when my kids faced the pains at unearthly hours of the night ABC medicines came to my rescue.
There are a few other medicines that were really for me that I would like to share with all:
- Arnica helps in curing boils, cuts, bruises and sores. Provides relief to blows and fall injuries. It is also available as an ointment
- Hepar Sulf was useful for my son’s teen acne and when he had a croupy cough along with pain in swallowing
- Calcaria Phos for teething issues
- Atim Tart for coughs with drowsiness where tongue is white and phlegm does not come out
- Apis for insect bites, swelling of feet and when my kids screamed at night due to bad dreams
- Arsenicum is useful for rashes with itching sensation
- Pulsatilla is very helpful for reducing menstrual pain
The list is endless and those who have tried and benefited from homeopathy will have more medicines to speak about.
There are many who are skeptical and feel homeopathic medicines are rather slow and may not have helped them cure their problems, but trust me, it helped me and my family greatly. In fact I have a small kit of homeopathic medicines at home which I frequently use when illness comes knocking at my door.
I really thank my dad for introducing me to homeopathic cure and would recommend my friends with kids to try this form of alternate medicine. You will find a number of doctors in every locality who prescribe homeopathic medicine. Trust me you will also save a lot of money as homeopathic medicines are very cost effective.
My father had also gifted me a book on homeopathy that I would like to share: “The complete book of Family Homeopathic Medicine, remedies for everyday ailments and injuries” by Dr. M.B. Panos and Jane Heimlich. This book can help you understand principles of homeopathy, order your own remedies and test the results. To get your copy click here: Amazon
So hope the ABC of homeopathy is useful to you and wish you all good health!
Please consult your doctor before giving any medicines.