Happy moments, smiling faces, bonding with the new born are some of the pictures which are uploaded most on Facebook and other social media. Is it really true that we have such a picture perfect life?
We never miss an opportunity to share any cute moment spent with our little one on Facebook and other social media sites. If you check your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, you generally happen to see pictures of happy mom’s with their babies. They seem to be a pro in motherhood and have the most well behaved children you could imagine. They get tens of likes and several comments for their bonding with the little one.
All said and done there are several moments in a new mom’s daily life which she surely wants to keep under the wraps. Some of them are:
- A clean house is a dream with your infant’s bottles, pacifiers and clothes in every corner of the house. Unless you have an army of cleaners it is just next to impossible to have a clean home in the first few months.
- A new mother is insanely tired with constant cycles of feeding, poop, sleep and diaper changing but despite this they manage to give their best shot. In short, an insane tired moment is never captured or shared.
- Midnight meals for your newborn followed by a burp-wait (which generally takes ages) can lead new mothers to be sleep deprived. None the less you should not feel as though you are the only one doing it … this is just not shared by new moms.
- Keeping a tab of your infant’s poop and investigating (yes literally investigating every minute details) it just to see that all is well. Almost, all new mothers do this analysis…quietly.
- Often infants throw up if not burped properly or fed excessively. One definitely does not share a moment when the little one throws up on them.
- Instances regarding the illnesses and other serious medical issues of the child are never shared. Some things are just meant to be for the family.
- Last but not the least, a crying baby whose root cause for the cry cannot be deciphered. (Also, watch out for my next post on the different types of cry’s by the baby. It is not always hunger…)
Happy smiling faces on your wall does not mean that it is the reality … so don’t worry you are not alone in this battle. It is just that only perfect, clean and happy moments are shared.