Want to shed that post pregnancy weight, but don’t have time. When the baby arrives the initial months are very hectic with a constant cycle of feeding and diaper changing; and of course very less time for a work out.
Trust me losing baby weight is not all that difficult. When I had my little one I had gained more than the required weight. Everybody had told me that I would not be able to get rid of it. But that has not been the case with me and I did turn from flab to fit.
Post six weeks of the postpartum period (time needed to recover) you can start preparing your body to lose weight. Of course dieting is not the solution as it might affect the milk supply (in case you are a breastfeeding mom). But doing it in the correct manner is the best for your body as well as you.
Just sharing a few tips which could be useful for you to shed that flab:
- Breastfeeding is the key to a quick weight loss. Breastfeeding helps the uterus to shrink back to size as it releases hormone oxytocin. It helps to burn up to 800 calories a day.
- Hydrate yourself well as it flushes out all the toxins from your body. Avoid dehydration by drinking minimum eight glasses of water daily. Dehydration is the last thing you want to get as it hampers the metabolism rate and slows the weight loss. Also, drinking water keeps you full leaving fewer options for the cravings.
- De-stress yourself as it keeps you away from unwanted munching. In stressful conditions our bodies crave for starchy food and carbohydrates. So to play safe just snack on a healthy snack like fruit or vitamin enriched foods instead. Also, it is important to sleep as in a sleep deprived body it is difficult to lose weight due to a slow metabolic rate.
- Load on a fiber rich diet as these keep you fuller for a longer time. Also, these lead to dehydration thus increasing water intake.
- Eat small meals with healthy snacks in between rather than gorging on three large meals.
- Exercise along with a healthy diet ensures that you lose fat instead of muscle. Strap up your baby in the stroller and walk around. Both you and your baby will enjoy this walk.
- Play with your baby; you can do baby press-ups, or push ups with your baby around. Also, you can place your baby on the feet as if rocking her.
In addition to the tips mentioned you can also try mini work-outs all through the day. These could last for 5 or ten or fifteen minutes, depending on the time you can spare.
Also, you can watch this video, on how to lose pregnancy weight using home exercises.